Video SEO: Video SEO is defined as the new form of optimizing video content via search engines like Google Video, Blinkx or any of 1000’s of Video Search Engines. It is also called as VSEO or Video SEO.
Internet marketing is changing the marketing world, and one of the latest and important trends is using video advertising as part of your online marketing.
So it is an important trend to utilize video search engine optimization (SEO) as well.
Video SEO is a tactical process of increasing the search engine rankings your video. If no. of visits to the video increased this is in turn increases the number of customers to your website, and your Business will increase dramatically.
Combination of SEO with video can leverage your market and increase your website traffic.
Basic approaches to video optimization
• Video Files Metadata Optimization
• Upload Process
• File Names: Clear naming
• Meta Data: Should be keyword rich
• Transcripts: Concept is important
• Inbound / Outbound Linking
• Video Length: Should be short length
• Branding: Company Logo, Website name etc
• Tell a Friend
• Social Tagging Options
Tips for video search engine optimization:
• Title, Description and Keyword tags are important
• Anchor text is must
• Use RSS file
• Create a video site map
• Upload, download or embedded should be easy
• Watermark your video with your brand name
Major Players that can support VSEO are
• MySpace Videos
• Yahoo Videos
• Google Videos
Your Video channel should include
Title: It should be your brand or your channel is about
Tags or Keywords
Channel Design: Choose a color similar to your brand look and feel
Advanced Design Customization: Background image, Logo, Taglines etc