What You Need to Know before You Sit for the Exam A Chinese proverb states, “The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step.” Your journey to getting your CPA license may seem like a journey of a thousand miles but if you take it one step at a time, you will get there. Whether you earn a “Passed,” “Failed” or “Conditional” when you sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Exam (CPA Exam) will depend on how prepared you are. Before your test day, make sure that you have taken these steps.
1. Feel like going for a spin? Take a Prometric for a test drive! Contact the center where you will sit to schedule a free hour appointment on the check-in process. Getting your questions answered will make you more confident on exam day.
2. Keep a positive mental attitude-no matter what. The world will try to throw every piece of negative news at you. So what? Remind yourself that you will be in the group that passes. 3. Handle the fear that this is an ogre of a test. The people who wrote it put batteries in their calculators one at a time and put their pants on one leg at a time just like you do. Remember: you could be the next person to pass with a perfect grade.
4. Support your health by getting enough sleep and eating right. Many of those who failed were sleep deprived. Staying up all night to cram and calculate problems does you no good on test day if you are too tired and make dumb mistakes. Nowhere in the universe does 2 + 2 = 5 so stay alert and focused. Eat right: students who relied on energy bars and Red Bull did not perform well on the CPA Exam. Why? Sugar levels which go up must come down. This is not a good thing if you still have an hour to go in BEC. Yes, you may feel so stressed for time that you don’t want to spend time cooking but getting the right nutrition to support your health, your energy level, and your mental acuity is critical at this juncture.
5. Make a checklist of documents you need to bring to the Prometric test center. You may wish to put all these papers (your Notice to Schedule-which has your Examination Password) and two forms of ID in one location so that you can grab them on the way out the door.
6. Make sure that your name on your application and your Notice to Schedule matches your photo ID exactly. If not, correct it NOW! 7. Print out directions to get to the test center. Printing these out the morning of the test is not the recommended method. 8. Allow extra time if you driving through traffic (especially rush hour traffic) and construction zones.
9. Obey the speed limits. Until recently, driving 10 MPH over the speed limit was sure way to get a speeding ticket but now that many cities are cash-strapped, the police are writing speeding tickets for anything over the posted speed limit. Leave early. Be alert to school zones where speed limits plummet. Test day is not the day to get your first speeding ticket.
10. Read the CPA Candidate Bulletin…again! The Bulletin lists everything you need to bring with you. Like Santa, make a list and check it twice.
CPA Exam Scratch Paper Test day has arrived and you have arrived at the Prometric Testing Center to sit for the Uniform Certified Public Accountant Exam (CPA Exam) written by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). Good for you!
You filed your application to sit for the exam and were given a Notice to Schedule (NTS) by the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You prepared by taking CPA Exam simulations for the four parts of the CPA Exam: Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) and Regulation (REG).
You have completed your sign-in procedures and will now be escorted to your workstation by a Prometric staff member. This wonderful person will give you pencils and scratch paper as well.
To prevent you from looking at the pages blankly (they need to start out blank but you do not), here is what you need to do.
1. Enter your exam password on your scratch paper. (If you are looking for it, your password is on your NTS.) 2. Contact the staff if you need more pencils or scratch paper. 3. If you run out of scratch paper during the test, turn yours in to a staff member and they will give you more. Write your password on this stack as well. 4. At the end of the test, turn your scratch paper back in to the staff. 5. When you are done, leave as quietly as a mouse. Do not make enough noise to wake the dead. 6. Sign the test center log book. 7. The staff will dismiss you when all the paperwork and procedures are done.
CPAexcel students pass the Uk marriage visa CPA Exam at nearly twice the national average. That power to pass can be yours when you study with Uk marriage visa CPA Exam Prep materials from CPAexcel. CPAexcel is the only CPA Prep materials that does not expire, you can order it now and prepare for the current CPA Exam. If you have not passed all 4 parts by the end of 2010, you will have the new 2011 features for free.