There are a lot of elements that make web designing successful. One of the most important among those is to remember that websites designed to be scanned has a higher possibility of being successful than those that are not. In this article we will discuss what is scanning in relation to web pages design.
When visitors come across a certain website, scanning is the first thing that they do. They scan through the pages and search for something that they need, and when they do not see anything they will immediately hit back and move on.
Since you cannot make people read, as a web designer you are required to know how to help them to scan successfully.
When visitors scan a particular website page, they do it in certain patterns: the “F pattern” or “E pattern”. As a web designer, when you build your site, scan it the way your visitors will, that is in a broad horizontal strokes. The vital part of this technique is to not to read your text. Just scan the pages in a very relax but fast gaze.
Now after doing the above exercise, try to answer these questions:
1. Do the things you have seen give a clear purpose? 2. What is the first thing that has caught your attention?
To assist you achieve your goal of helping your visitors scan your pages successfully here are the tips you can follow:
1. Write meaningful section headers. This helps visitors to acquire an instant summary of the pages they are scanning. Think of the insights that will be most useful and essential to the user.
2. Put the essential things above the fold. This is one of the most common mistake designers make. They are using the above fold for fancy images, banners and logos that do not show anything at all about the true function of the site.
3. Put related items together. Do not make people hunt for contents. When you are talking about a certain topic make sure to put things in one place.
4. Use contrasting colors. This is one of the ways on how you can say to your visitors what is and what is not related on your page.
5. Use different font sizes. Big fonts are usually being used for section headers or for significant keywords that you would like your visitors to remember.
There you go, all the best to your web designing career for now.
Find out where to get the best and most effective Uk marriage visa Web Designs created by the top notch Uk marriage visa Web Designer Singapore Company.