Are you looking for acne resolutions that really work? The best news is, whether you’re a adolescent or an adult putting up with acne, you don’t have to live with it. Here you can find 10 extremely easy and effective ways to get rid of acne.
1. Do not pick, press or rub your pimples. These actions actually increase the sebum production and rupture the membranes below your skin. The infection and sebum will spread underneath your skin and cause more pimples. Also, you risk increasing the chances of leaving scars on your face.
2. Wash your face twice a day using a mild soup. It is best if you can purchase sulfur-based soap especially for acne. If your skin is too oily, use a soap with benzoyl peroxide. Do not use rough sponges, brushes, or anything similar on your face. You shouldn’t, however, over-wash your face because it will actually energize your sebaceous glands to produce more sebum which will increase your acne.
3. Check if it is because of the food. For a lot of people, food allergy can cause very severe acne condition. You should avoid eating too much oily and spicy food. Modern studies have shown that acne can also be caused by milk which contains hormones as well as seafood with relatively high levels of iodine. If feasible, cut down on those foods. Other foods you may consider avoiding are: sugar, dairy products, deep-fried food, meat, nut butters, etc. On the other hand, it is believed that green vegetables, vegetable juices and foods rich in zinc can help relieve acne condition.
4. Drink more water daily. “Eight glasses of water a day can keep acne away.” says Jennifer Thoden, a respected acne expert. The reason is that water can carry waste material out of our body and it really helps heal and prevent acne outbursts.
5. Do not wear makeup if achievable. Makeup products can choke your pores, cause more blackheads and pimples. If you have to wear makeup, make sure it is water-based. Be sure to clean your makeup brushes on a regular basis and clean your skin before you sleep.
6. Do not use oily products. Avoid products such as hair pomades, intense oil-based facial moisturizers, and oily cleansers.
7. Keep your face clean. Do not rest your chin on your hands or constantly touch your face. Regularly shampoo your hair and keep it off your face, especially when you sleep.
8. Work out moderately as it helps in blood circulation and elimination of toxins.
9. Stay stress-free. Analyses have shown that stress not only worsens acne flare-up, it also aggravates the overall skin condition. Talk to your friends, listen to your favorite music, or take a walk in the park. There are many things you can do to be stree free.
10. Get sunlight and fresh air. Sunshine stimulates vitamin D in the body, an crucial vitamin for healthy skin. Fresh air and sunlight can also reduce stress (tip #9) and increase oxygen to the skin. Don’t get burned in the sun though. Burned and heavily tanned skin forms a layer on the skin that doesn’t exfoliate rapidly enough and can lead to blocked pores.