It is said that you earn more and get more things accomplished the more productive you are. As long as you can manage your time, things will get done. But can you really manage time or for that matter manage our time?
A great deal of our time is sometimes completely out of our control. This makes time management seem like a daunting task. The good news is that there are some simple time management activities that you can use on a daily basis to help you better manage your time, get more of your life under your control and be more productive with the time you have.
Study the following time management activities:
* Keep track of how you spend your time. Log in every 15 minutes so you can look back on it later and see what you are really doing with your time each day.
* There are so many things that need to be done, and just one person can’t always do it by themselves, so to keep things moving, ask someone else to accomplish the important tasks for you.
* Practice the 80/20 principles. It is believed that 80% of our results come from 20% of time and effort. You can look at your own life to see when you are getting the most results from your efforts. Spend more time working productively and less time doing things that won’t generate results.
* Everyone needs help at one point in their life. Especially when you become overwhelmed with important tasks that you know need to be done. At that point is when you should ask for help from either close friends and family, or by hiring an extra set of hands.
* Skip the news. Read headlines online instead. Skip other television shows that are pointless and take up your time from doing other important things. If you really like TV, limit yourself to one or two favorite programs and watch these when it’s time for you to relax. Don’t allow them to distract you during the day.
If you are looking to improve your own time management, these time management activities are something you can start right away, even today. You can begin making real changes to improve your productivity and get more done in a day, and time management activities can do just that.