Thinking about taking a trip to Sarasota, Florida? I don’t blame you. We love it here. Sarasota is a fabulous place to take a family vacation. Here are 10 fun things to do:
1) Shop at St. Armand’s Circle – This is a fun place to grab a bite to eat with your family and friends. I take the family over there periodically to grab an ice cream and walk around the circle and window shop.
2) Go beaching – People from all over the world visit Sarasota to enjoy the beaches. Siesta Key beach was recently ranked as the 2nd prettiest beach in the country by Dr. Beach. The beaches on Longboat Key, Lido Key, Casey Key, Holmes Beach and Manasota Key are some of the prettiest that you will ever see.
3) Snorkeling – Grab some snorkeling gear and go for a swim off the beach. Point of Rocks off Siesta Key is a good place to do some snorkeling.
4) Boating – Go rent a boat for a day and cruise around the Gulf of Mexico or Sarasota bay. Stop at O’Leary’s near downtown Sarasota for a great bite to eat. What a fun day.
5) Fishing – Do you enjoy a day of fishing? Hire a local captain and go fishing for the day. I have done that it is a blast. If you do this in the summer time you can run out offshore and do some tarpon fishing.
6) Enjoy a meal – There are countless number of great restaurants in Sarasota. You can find anything from a cheap but tasty restaurant all of the way to very expensive fine dining. Some great restaurants include Cafe L’ Europe, Cha Cha Coconuts, Columbia, Dry Dock, Euphemia Haye, Daquiri Deck, Marina Jacks, Pacific Rim and Gecko’s.
7) Van Wezel – Go to a show at the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center. Entertainers from all over come to Sarasota to put on a show.
8) Walk the bridge – Need a little exercise after all of the fine dining in Sarasota? Take a walk over the Ringling bridge. What a great place to work up a sweat and see some amazing scenery.
9) Hop on a bike – Longboat Key is a great place to do a long bike ride. This 11 mile long barrier island has a side walk as well as a bike path. You can go as fast or slow as you wish and you will really enjoy the water views.
10) Go to open houses – Do you enjoy looking at real estate? On a Sunday grab the Sarasota Herald Tribune and find out where the open houses are located. Or, if you wish just drive around the areas you like. You are sure to find some open houses. Perhaps you will make Sarasota your permanent home.
Sarasota, Florida is a fun place to visit. You might have so much fun here that you decide to just stay forever. As a vacationer you can find as much or as little as you want to do.